You know the saying: when it rains it pours? It's been way too true at my house. Such is life! The fam and I were totally taken out by the flu last week. Not one of those 24-hour bugs, oh no. It's taking each of us a full week to get healthy again. As soon as my three-year-old kicked that bug, it was an ear infection. My husband was out of town for work. Kids extracurriculars and Valentine's Day parties (and the required mom contributions that go with them) added to the mess… None of that has anything to do with these Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups (filled with cheesecake mousse!). They just help explain why it took me so long to get the recipe posted here. Sorry about that. Better late than never, right?
These little cuties are just chocolate chip cookies baked in a mini muffin pan. After baking, you make an indentation in the center of each to make a cookie cup. I decided to fill them with cheesecake mousse, but you could fill them with so many things! Custard! Ganache! ICE CREAM! You really can't go wrong. Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups will always be a welcome addition to any table.
I'm now trying to restrain myself from making hundreds of combinations of flavors of both cookie cups and fillings. But, let's be honest: who would be upset if I did?
These mini cookie cups are easy to bake up. Other than a mini muffin pan, the only other piece of equipment you may want is a cookie scoop. I use a medium cookie scoop (like this one [here]) to portion out the cookie dough. This helps me to keep them more uniform in size and to keep my hands clean. If you're using a spoon, you'll want about 1.5 tablespoons of dough for each cookie cup.
I'm not at all happy that my family had the plague (I seriously should buy stock in tissues and disinfectants), but I think these little cuties were worth the wait! Now no more waiting! Get to your kitchen and make these beauties! If you're a fan of cookie cups, you can check out my Strawberry Sugar Cookie Cups, too. 🙂
Other posts you may like:
Recipe adapted from Liv for Cake (link here).
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups with Cheesecake Mousse
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups:
For Cookie Cups:
- Preheat oven to 350F. Spray mini muffin pan with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, and salt). Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combined butter, sugar, and brown sugar. Beat until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla. Mix to combine.
- Add dry ingredient and mix until nearly combined. Add chocolate chips, then mix to combine.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (see note), portion the cookie dough between the 24 mini muffin cavities. Bake until lightly browned, 8-10 minutes.
- Immediately upon removing from the oven, use a small shot glass, end of a small rolling pin, etc. to press a cavity into the center of each cookie, thus making it a cookie cup. Allow the cookie cups to cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, whip cream to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine cream cheese with sugar. Mix until smooth. Add vanilla and mix to combine.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture in three additions, being careful to ensure you don't deflate the cream as you incorporate it.
- Pipe or spoon cheesecake mousse into the cookie cups.Enjoy!