You know those holy-grail-type recipes? Quick, easy, delicious, and still looks like a million bucks? Look no further than this No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake!
This No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake has a classic graham cracker crust filled with a creamy, dreamy no-bake lemon cheesecake filling, topped with fresh whipped cream and berries! I dressed mine up for Independence Day, but you'll want to have this baby aaaall summer long. It's that good.
Not only is this recipe ridiculously quick and easy, but it requires ZERO oven time. With very little prep, you've got yourself a seriously awesome dessert! The kind that make your guests say "ooh" when it was actually easy as pie...er...no-bake cheesecake. It does take six hours (preferably overnight) to chill, but it's WORTH IT.
This cheesecake reminds me of a no-bake cheesecake that my mom used to make growing up. I used to think that the recipe was terribly (wonderfully) complicated. Funny how times change and now it's something I wouldn't bat an eye at making! Her version used lemon Jello, but this beauty uses unflavored gelatin and fresh lemon juice and zest--a definite improvement!
I'll keep this post short and sweet--much like the time we have left before the 4th! You still have plenty of time to throw this together tomorrow and refrigerate it overnight before the holiday. If you're overwhelmed with BBQ planning and need a simple (but beautiful!) dessert, this one is for you. Or maybe you just cringe at the thought of turning the oven on. Either way, give this recipe a try this summer and ENJOY!
Other posts you may like:
Recipe adapted from Live, Love, and Sugar (link here).
No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoon sugar
- 10 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
No-Bake Lemon Cheesecake:
- sliced strawberries
- In a medium bowl, combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar. Stir to combine. Add melted butter and stir until all the crumbs are coated in butter.
- Transfer the mixture to a 8" or 9" springform pan and press into the bottom and ⅔ of the way up the sides. Place the pan in the refrigerator to chill.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin in an even layer over the top of the lemon juice. Allow to set 5 minutes to soften.
- Once softened, place the juice/gelatin mixture in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to warm, and stir until the gelatin is dissolved and the mixture is smooth. Set aside to cool to room temperature.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine cream cheese and sugar. Beat until combined and smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl. Add juice/gelatin mixture and mix to combine. Scrape down the sides of the bowl again.
- Add sour cream and lemon zest to the bowl. Mix until combined. Set aside.
- In another mixer bowl, use the whisk attachment to beat the cream and powdered sugar to soft peaks. Gently fold the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture in three additions, being careful not to deflate the mixture.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture into the prepared crust. Chill in the refrigerator at least 6 hours, preferably overnight.
For Whipped Cream:
- Place cold heavy cream, sugar, and vanilla bean paste (see note) in the bowl of a stand mixer. Start the mixer on low speed, and gradually increase the speed to high. Whip until the cream thickens and forms peaks.
- Once chilled, carefully remove the cheesecake from the springform pan. Top with whipped cream and fresh berries as desired.Enjoy!