I hear you guys. When I posted my last recipe for Wacky Cake (using no dairy!), I heard a cry of happiness from some because they were missing dairy and could finally bake! I also heard a cry of sorrow from many who currently can't find flour. For you, my flourless friends: Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies.
These Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies have just FIVE ingredients and, as the name would suggest, none of them are flour! 😉 If you don't have sugar, the recipe specifies how much honey to use as a substitute. No chocolate chips? Just make them peanut butter cookies!
The world is so weird right now, and baking is my way of getting my mind at peace. Er...near peace, anyway. So when I had comments from people who couldn't bake because they had no flour, it tugged at my heart. I immediately set out to find the simplest flourless recipe that I could find. Bonus: it's super delish. 🙂
In terms of hardware, there's nothing special needed. I used my medium cookie scoop (link here), which holds about 1.5 Tablespoons of dough, just because I liked the size and prefer not to get my hands dirty (so much hand-washing already!!).
I also lined my pans with silpats. They're not necessary, as the cookies can be baked on an ungreased cookie sheet, but I like the easier cleanup. If you're interested in a silpat for yourself, you can find them here. It's also worth pointing out that if you choose not to use a silpat, your cookies might brown up a little sooner than mine did.
I hope you are happy and healthy, friends! While we need to be at least six feet apart, I hope these cookies will be like a big hug!
Other posts you may like:
Mini Chocolate Chip Cookie Cups
Chocolate Peanut Butter Angel Food Cake
Chocolate Peanut Butter Muffins
Recipe adapted from Salt in my Coffee (link here).
Flourless Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup sugar (or substitute ⅔ cup honey)
- ¾ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, sugar, and baking powder. Stir to combine.
- Add egg, mixing until thoroughly combined. Finally, add chocolate chips and stir until incorporated.
- Portion dough into balls (about 1.5 Tablespoons each; see note) and place on ungreased cookie sheet. I lined mine with silpats (see note).
- Bake 10-12 minutes, or until just starting to brown at the edges. I turned the cookie sheets around halfway through baking to ensure an even bake. Allow cookies to cool on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.Enjoy!
Nutrition information is provided as a courtesy and is only an estimate.
Easy and delicious! I could have eaten them all!
Haha I know the feeling! Thanks for much for your review, Josh!