Mother's Day is upon us! As such, here's a roundup of 25+ Mother's Day Brunch Ideas! Some moms love flowers, some moms love candy, but I think all moms love brunch!!
Here is a collection of 25+ Mother's Day Brunch Ideas, just in time to celebrate Mom! The collection starts out very breakfast-y, then starts to feel a little more like dessert as you go along. Why not? We’re celebrating, right?
Planning Mother's Day Brunch
When planning a brunch, there are a few things to consider:
- Timing: Brunch, named so as it's a meal to have in place of both breakfast and lunch, is typically served between 10am and mid-afternoon. Brunch is definitely a casual affair, though, so this is definitely more of a guideline than a rule!
- Serving Style: Do you want to serve brunch as a buffet, or family style? You likely want to take the size/layout of your space, the number of people you're serving, and what you'll be serving into consideration. It's much easier to serve food family style if you have a small table with 6 guests, but much more difficult if you're serving 30!
Brunch Menu Planning
We all know that eating is the best part of brunch, so how to decide what to serve? Here are a few things to think about when menu planning:
- Variety: Brunch combines both breakfast and lunch foods. Eggs, bread, fruit, pastries, desserts, and drinks are typically served, with a mix of both sweet and savory items. This roundup has exclusively baked goods included, so I'm helping you out with the sweets!
- Food Allergies and Special Diets: As with all gatherings, you may have guests who have food allergies, are vegetarian or vegan, etc. Definitely ask your guests if they have any restrictions on what they may eat so that you can accommodate them!
- Think Seasonal: Seasonal food always tastes best! When planning your menu, think about what fruits/veggies are in season.
- The Guest of Honor's Favorite(s): Make sure to ask your Mom/Mother-in-Law/Mom Figure in your life what they'd like!
- Make Ahead Items: To make things easier on yourself, think about items that you can prep/make in advance! The less you have to do the morning of your brunch, the more you'll be able to enjoy yourself!
Never miss a recipe! Sign up as a Live to Sweet VIP and receive a weekly newsletter with recipes and tips--no spam ever! Sign up here
Mother's Day Brunch Recipes
Here are 25+ Mother's Day Brunch Ideas to get you started! From muffins to sweet rolls to cake, there's something here for everyone!
Sweet rolls are breakfast decadence, so they make perfect sense for Mother's Day Brunch! You know me, I can never quite stick with tradition and just make regular cinnamon rolls, but what better way to celebrate Mom than with one of these bakes??
Muffins & Bread
Some of the usual breakfast suspects! These recipes are fantastic on their own for a simple breakfast or brunch, or make multiple recipes for a spectacular brunch spread in honor of Mom!
Okay, here I get a little crazy. Cake for brunch? Well, Julia Child did say that "A party without cake is just a meeting," and it is a celebration, after all! These cakes have light, bright flavors that are just perfect for a Mother's Day brunch!
If you want to pull out all the stops for your Easter guests, these tarts are both elegant and delicious! Can't you just hear the "ooooh" from your guest when you place one of these beauties on the table?
More Brunch Recipes
A few more recipes that didn't fit into a particular category, but would fit right in at brunch! These recipes are last, but definitely not least!
So no matter the type of Mother’s Day gathering you're having this year, I hope you found a recipe here that will make the day a little sweeter!
Happy Mother’s Day to all…the Moms, Grandmas, Stepmoms, those who are like moms, those who wish they were moms. Love to you all. A little extra love and hugs to those who have suffered the loss of someone who would have made your Mother’s Day complete. <3
Other Posts You May Like